HOW WE GOT HERE
RCNZ represents rural contractors providing services to farmers, councils and rural communities from Kaitaia to Southland.
We are a voice for our members – and for the rural communities we serve.
RCNZ provides it members
– advice on Immigration, Employment and Legal matters
– monitors central and local government policies, plans and proposals to sustain contracting business and lobby and advocate for better outcomes for the sector.
– training and career information and access to programs designed to grow better contractors
– access to preferred supplier arrangements
– assurance that we are connected to other kindred associations and collectively across issues that matter.
Our Key Activities Include:
- Supporting training
- Gaining approval to import skilled machinery operators
- Monitoring chemical spray requirements
- Input to transport rules for farm machinery
RCNZ operates with a chief executive officer– Andrew Olsen part-time communications advisor – Brendon Burns and part time financial support – Shelley Lancastar
Contact Andrew to discuss anything on your mind other than communications or media matters which are directed to [email protected]
RCNZ's board comprises eight members, elected annually, to represent four zones.
Zone 1 is north of northern Taranaki across to northern Hawkes Bay. Zone 2 is south from there to Wellington. Zone 3 is north of Oamaru. Zone 4 is south of Oamaru.